Friday, January 13, 2012

The more you know....

Reading is another thing I've been trying to do. As you saw last year there were a few weeks that I devoted to reading new things. I think keeping up with literature is important. I had this big plan to keep up this year with a goal of three books a month. Two and a half in February. Last year I only completed thirty four. Sure, the average is 2.83 books a month which is close, but this is all about being better, right?
If I make three books this month I will be amazed. I just can't keep my concentration on one. I started reading The Lacuna, the Jackie Kennedy Tapes and The People's Republic of Desire. That last one is not a romance novel like is sounds. It is about the modern Chinese woman and the cultural changes coming on as China diversifies. I mean, it is a little smutty. But only because modern Chinese women are apparently a little smutty. Still, I never seem to get through more than two or three pages. I'm not sure if it would help picking just one or if I just wouldn't read at all.

Is anyone else out there an ADDREADER? One book is never enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment